WOLFFSKEEL-SCHULE – Staatliche Realschule für Knaben und Mädchen
phone +49(0)931- 200340
fax +49(0)931- 2003430
updated July 2008
INTRODUCING WOLFFSKEEL REALSCHULE
- At the moment, we have got about 610 students (male + female), 22 classes with an average of 28 students each.
There are 39 teachers (male & female) + 21 student teachers.
- Starting in the 7th form, there are three different streams:
a) Stream I with the stress on maths and science.
b) Stream II with the stress on economics and bookkeeping.
c) Stream III with the stress on foreign languages (French, English).
- Supplementary tuition in German, English and Maths and a special ‘How to learn effectively’-workshop is offered to students in the 5th form.
- Additional sports are offered with a choice of various sporting activities.
- This year, students can choose among a variety of optional subjects such as biology (field trips), English conversation, French, orchestra and various instruments, school band, word processing, CAD, computer science, School magazine, drama groups in English and German.
- According to how their parents decide, 8th formers can either spend a skiing week in Southern Tyrol(Italy).
- Over the past few years, there have been five-day trips to either Berlin/Lake Garda(Italy)/ Prague for 10th formers.
- We have close contact to the Würzburg job centre with job advisers coming into the classrooms to give information and lead discussions and also giving personal advice to students.
Our careers teacher organises short-term ,,apprenticeships” for the 9th formers with various companies in the area.
- Every year, our students take part in a number of nationwide or all-European contests and competitions, e.g. price winning drawing competition, young brokers-to-be, sports and games etc.
- Lots of extracurricular activities throughout the year, e.g. “An evening of music and drama”, an end-of-term school festival, etc.
- Help with homework is offered to 5th – 10th formers by various teachers: English, German, maths, physics, bookkeeping, computer science.
W. Wischert, Headmaster
K. Kleylein, Deputy M. Scheller. 2nd Deputy